Expand your view of credit risk
Ensure consistency in your analysis
with credit analytic solutions
Heightened market uncertainty and volatility calls for taking a deeper look at risk to understand the creditworthiness of your counterparties and investments. Credit analytic solutions provide access to the data, analytics, research and tools you need to enhance your credit risk analysis and get a complete picture of your exposures:
- Continually enhanced platform content combined with proprietary data upload capabilities to deliver the coverage you need.
- Analytic models that deliver universally comparable credit benchmarks for comparison across rated and unrated public and private companies.
- Robust workflow solutions that offer speed and efficiency, enabling you to track a growing number of global exposures.
Credit Ratings and Research from S&P Global Ratings
Access actionable market intelligence with S&P Global Ratings’ extensive global credit ratings and research through RatingsDirect®
- Get aggregated intelligence at the sector, sub-sector, industry and company level.
- Conduct deep dive credit risk analysis at the instrument and security level.
- View dynamic ratings distribution and migration charts.
- Evaluate up to 20 years of ratings history.
- Obtain early-warning signals that compare key fundamental ratings to Market Derived Signals that incorporate daily pricing information from the CDS marketplace.
- Access extensive structured finance content including performance data and Presale Reports with initial collateral characteristics.
- Personalize views, integrate third-party feeds, share information with colleagues, and receive email alerts.
Also access CreditStats Direct™ Financial Institutions and CreditStats Direct™ Corporates via RatingsDirect on the S&P Capital IQ platform.
These powerful capabilities provide direct access to credit-adjusted financial statement information for more than 600 global banks and 2,800 corporates and utilities rated by S&P Global Ratings, with robust comparison tools, customized filters and financial data reports.View PDF Ask us for a free trial
Credit Risk Indicators
Access a spectrum of short- to long-term quantitative Credit Risk Indicators to help you identify weakening credit and fortify your surveillance of both rated and unrated entities.
Our analytical models can be applied to public and private, rated and unrated entities globally, allowing you create comparisons and benchmarks across your exposures.
PD Model Market Signals provides a point-in-time view of credit risk for public companies based on a statistical model. By using stock prices as a primary input, the model captures market cap volatility to develop market signals that can act as an early-warning sign of potential default between financial reporting periods. The Market Signal PDs are updated daily for more than 31,000* listed corporations globally.
Market Derived Signals, developed by S&P Global Ratings, also provide daily indicators of credit risk. They are based on a statistical model that evaluates five-year credit default swaps (CDS) spreads for approximately 1,300 entities to capture the market’s daily view about the risk of issuers, industries and sectors.
PD Model Fundamentals provide an innovative approach to assessing potential default that separates credit risk into two components – financial risk (based on financial ratios) and business risk (based on various systemic risk components, such as country risk).
The PDs are applicable for any public or private company to enhance your credit risk analysis. They are based purely on fundamental data – financial ratios and macro factors – and are updated as and when these inputs change.
PD Fundamentals are available for more than 498,000* financial institutions and corporations globally.
CreditModel™ is a proprietary suite of statistical models that use financial statement information to generate credit scores, which enable you to quickly evaluate the long-term creditworthiness of more than 55,000* public and private mid-cap and large corporations.
The model is calibrated on ratings rather than default data and therefore inherits stability through economic cycles from actual credit ratings. Credit scores are represented by lowercase letter grade symbols to ease comparison and benchmarking with public credit ratings, but are not calculated based on S&P Global Ratings criteria.
*Data coverage as of February 6, 2014.View PDF Ask us for a free trial
Credit Analytic Templates & Credit Surveillance Templates
Gain a holistic view of your credit risk exposures by combining fundamental data, credit indicators and additional benchmarks into a single Excel application utilizing our Excel Plug-in for efficient analysis, surveillance and monitoring.
- Set alerts using the Credit Surveillance Template to help you identify potentially troublesome companies amongst your counterparties signaling a need for further analysis.
- Leverage single company and batch portfolio scoring templates for CreditModel and PD Model Fundamentals to quickly look up or generate scores using the S&P Capital IQ platform or proprietary fundamental data.
- Perform multi-company scenario analysis and sensitivity analysis on financial inputs.
- Upload credit scores and probability of default measures generated using proprietary financial data to the S&P Capital IQ platform to seamlessly integrate with tools such as screening, charting and quick comps.
Default and Recovery Data
CreditPro lets you enhance your credit risk analysis by looking at default rates and tracking credit risk in transition matrices for corporate issuers and issues, structured finance tranches and sovereign ratings. With data back to 1974 (and 1981 for corporates), it supports the mapping of PDs to letter grade credit scores for accurate PD calibration and backtesting of models by industry and geography. The recovery database LossStats gives you a unique insight into recovery rates of facilities by seniority level or type of collateral.View PDF Ask us for a free trial
Fundamental Data for Public and Private Companies
At the foundation of the credit analytic solutions offering is one of the largest data sets of company financial information, including core and analytically-enhanced data. This includes coverage for more than 79,000 public companies and 700,000 private companies globally.
For public companies, we collect more than 5,000 unique financial data items and 2,500 industry-specific terms. All financials for private companies are standardized for full comparison against public company financials and market data. A “click-through” feature traces adjustments and line item level details back to source documents.View PDF Ask us for a free trial
Peer Comparisons & Industry Benchmark Capabilities
Through Credit Health Panel, you can analyze the relative credit quality of customers, suppliers, peers, and other groups of rated and unrated companies with a comparison of 24 financial metrics per company — plus an overall company score.
- Review relative cash generation capabilities, operational risks, and ability to service debt based on normalized financial data across accounting practices and currencies.
- Access results for approximately 210,000 rated and unrated public and private non-financial companies globally.
- Create customized groups that include up to 100 companies.
- Monitor changes in performance and rankings among group members with powerful heat maps.
- Gain additional insights with PDs and quantitatively-derived estimates based on credit models.
Macroeconomic Data and Key Developments
Several other data sets can help support your analysis of credit risk.
Macroeconomic Data provides extensive coverage of historical and forecast global economic indicators, integrated with our industry-leading fundamental transactions and pricing data. This includes inflation, employment, GDP, balance of payments, trade, retail and industrial indicators, as well as currency and stock index data. In addition, S&P Global Market Intelligence developed a proprietary Country Intelligence Framework, which addresses credit risk-specific systemic risk factors that relate to country risk, sovereign risk, industry risk and economic risk.
Key Developments is a news analysis, filtering and alerting service providing categorized news and corporate event data. Our experienced data analysts continuously monitor, aggregate and tag information from over 20,000 news sources in addition to regulatory filings, transcripts, investor presentations and company websites. You can stay up-to-date on relevant changes with customized e-mail alerts and screens based on qualitative and quantitative event-driven criteria.View PDF Ask us for a free trial
A Proprietary Data Warehousing Service enables you to create and store your own proprietary data within the S&P Capital IQ platform. You can easily create new quantitative or qualitative data items, and store valuable internal data, such as estimates, financials, recommendations and projections. All proprietary values are integrated into our screening, comps and Excel-Plug-in tools, and can be easily retrieved for use in projects or reports alongside our fundamental data.
Customizable capabilities ensure that all data and delivery are highly flexible to meet your ongoing needs. This includes e-mail alerts and multi-media options, all available via a range of delivery channels – the S&P Capital IQ platform, Excel Plug-ins, data feeds and Web Services.
In addition, our Presentation Center creates a dynamic link between source and destination applications – including Excel, Word and PowerPoint – enabling you to insert linked content from previously created Office files and use the Linked Items Manager to view, change and update active links. You can also utilize screening tools to quickly identify relevant information and combine it into a single screen.
Look at risk from different angles
- Portfolio reviews
- Credit risk analysis
- Counterparty assessment
- Supply chain management
- Transfer pricing
- Regulatory capital management
- Insurance underwriting
- Loan origination assessments
- … and more